U3A SUNSHINE COAST INC.
CODE OF CONDUCT
This Code of Conduct has been compiled to establish acceptable ethical and legally compliant standards of conduct for all members and non-member Tutors of U3A Sunshine Coast Inc. when involved in U3A activities. The intention of the Code is to provide guidelines to allow efficient, lawful and harmonious interaction outcomes.
All members and non-member Tutors of U3A Sunshine Coast Inc. are required, under the Code of Conduct, to behave at all times when involved in U3A activities in a way which upholds the following standards:
- Behave honestly and with integrity
- Act with care and diligence
- Treat everyone with respect and courtesy, and without harassment
- Comply with all Australian laws
- Comply with any lawful and reasonable direction given by anyone who has authority to give direction
- Use U3A resources in a proper manner
- Not engage in inappropriate touching or suggestive remarks or actions of a sexual nature
- Not discriminate against any person
Volunteering Queensland Inc.
Harassment – The inappropriate physical or verbal interaction with another person,
e.g. the placing of your hand on another person without their permission.
Duty of Care – Everyone has a duty to avoid placing themselves or others at risk of injury.
This Code of Conduct is designed to meet the legal requirements of both State and Federal Governments in regards to Duty of Care.
- Guidelines – To understand if I am doing the correct action, I should ask myself;
- Is it legal?
- Would I be proud of what I have done?
- Is it consistent with U3A Sunshine Coast Inc. constitution and by-laws?
- Do I think it is the right thing to do?
- Would I accept the same from others?