U3A Sunshine Coast enjoys a close relationship with the University of the Sunshine Coast:
- Our office is on the university campus in Sippy Downs, downstairs at Building B. (Although our activities are spread across the Sunshine Coast.)
- U3A Members can be permitted to “sit-in” on lectures at the University, with negotiation:
- You may receive by email U3A requests to be a volunteer “patient” for USC nursing students doing practice or tests.
- Our members may also use (at student rates) all facilities and programmes of the university’s Health and Sporting Complex. There are sport scientists and physiologists who can aid in weight loss, increasing fitness, injury rehabilitation, increasing muscle size and strength and increasing sports performance.
The Pool (Olympic standard, heated)
* Each university subject (a “course”) has a 6 character code like “EDU 101″. Searching around the university website, you can usually “drill down” into an individual page for the subject. The best short information (a paragraph describing the course, the weekly sub-topics, and the name of the course co-ordinator) is in the “Course Outline” PDF file for the subject. (Unfortunately the Course Outline is not always available).